Motherhood- the exclusive privilege of women and the most joyful in the world.
But there are exceptions. Exceptions prove the rule. Today the world is moving at such an accelerated pace that people have no time for relaxation, exercise, or even to assess the food they eat. This leads to many health problems. A lot of problems are hormonal. Hormones are secretions from a set of organs known as the endocrine glands. Common hormonal ailments are Thyroidism, Diabetes and male /female Infertility.
Infertility is the inability to conceive a baby. Here are some common causes of infertility
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)-PCOS caused by hormone imbalance in the reproductive system. This causes disruption in menstrual and ovulation cycles. This is the most common reason of infertility.
- Endometriosis-is a painful disorder commonly involving ovaries, fallopian tubes pelvis and uterus. The tissue –Endometrium-which should line the inside of the uterus starts growing outside instead.
- Weight: Obesity is the single cause for most ailments in people including infertility
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs): Infections cause infertility in both men and women
- Lack of ovulation: Ovulation is the condition where the female reproductive system produces eggs or ovules for fertilization. Lack of production is a cause of infertility. One of the new fertility treatments involve ‘egg freezing”
- Cysts or tumours: These growths hamper the normal cycle of reproduction
- Stress: It is the mother of all problems. Especially the social stigma of infertility and family pressure for producing a baby
- Irregular menstrual cycle- any irregularity in the menstrual cycle can cause disorders in reproductive cycle and lead to infertility
- Damage or injury to the tubes and uterus
- Ageing: A woman’s age is a major influence on reproductive cycle and fertility. The body clock slows down as a woman ages
- Congenital defect: Any defects caused during birth especially in the reproductive system can be damaging or obstruct conception
Many of the causes of infertility are treatable with long or short term medication. In the more serious and difficult cases Invitro Fertilisation (IVF) fertilisation is the best option. This treatment is performed all over the world and has a high success rate. It is a boon to families all over the world.
In many societies, especially in India, Infertility is commonly seen as a stigma and leads to other serious social and health problems, including divorces and re-marriages. It is not always that only women have reproduction issues. Even today male infertility is unacceptable. Tamara Hospital & IVF Centre, is highly qualified and experienced fertility centre in Bangalore and provide couples with their greatest joy with services like Female Fertility Treatment, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, IVF fertilization etc.
Share this Post
Dr. Akhila Anand
MBBS, DGO, DRM Gynecologist, Obstetrician & Infertility Specialist
Experience: 11+ Years
Dr. Akhila Anand is the resident Obstetrician, Gynecologist & one of the Best Fertility / IVF Doctor in Rajajinagar, Bangalore.