In-vitro- fertilization (IVF) is the process of combining of Egg and sperm outside the body (In-vitro). This is the process every step need to be carefully monitored.
This IVF Process is the most successful treatment and it has been boon for so many infertility couples. but in some cases, IVF treatment fails due to some reasons. IVF Success Rate Depends on So many factors.
In these articles listed the Factors Affecting IVF Success Rate.
- Age of the patient:- the age of the patient is more important in IVF treatment. The important determinant in this is the age of the egg. Both the quantity and quality of the egg goes down with age. But no need to worry our most experienced Doctors at Tamara Hospital & IVF Centre will analyse and come with a solution.
- Type of fertility problem: the problem like PCOS or low sperm count, motility this type of infertility problems can be solved by IVF treatment but problems like fibroids, uterine abnormalities, and ovarian dysfunction are more difficult to be overcome by simple IVF and require other surgeries or donor programmes.
- Ovulation Dysfunction: Ovarian dysfunction is also an important factor determining the success rate. Patients with a high level of FSH and low levels of AMH, where, the hormone required for stimulation is high, the success rates are generally low.
Use of Donor Eggs /Embryos:-
A success rate of IVF depends on the age of a donor egg and if the quality of is not up to the mark then there is a facility using a donor egg. If egg quality is not good.
Stop smoking before undergoing IVF treatment. This will increases IVF success rate.
How smoking affect Fertility?
- High dose of hormone releases and stimulate the ovary. This lower the success rate in IVF
- Smoking also reduces the implantation rate.
- Smokers need more number of IVF cycles to get a baby.
Obesity is associated with a lower success rate in women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF). Women with a very low body weight also likely to experience a lower success rate in IVF than women whose body weight falls in the normal range.
Share this Post
Dr. Aishwarya V. Mathikatti
MS (OBG), Diploma in Reproductive Medicine (Germany), Diploma in Ultrasonography, Consultant Obstetrics & Gynecology Infertility
Dr. Aishwarya has an experience of over 7 years. She is very passionate about artificial reproductive techniques and she constantly updates herself with the latest techniques.